The Beauty of Brass
We think the patina of Brass is a beautiful thing, it is inherent to the material and tells a story of the object.
Waltz incense and candle holder from the ‘Ceremony’ family is made from uncoated brass which has been hand polished to a high shine, over time it will naturally patina and age, uniquely to how you handle and use it.
Brass beautiful and durable, however, the environment, air, water, salt, food, chemicals, even our fingerprints will all tarnish and dull uncoated brass. Depending on the environment and frequency of use, this may happen over days, weeks or months.
If you prefer to keep your Ceremony brass incense holder shiny, keep your fingers off the polished surface and polish often.
Brass polish can be purchased from hardware stores. We prefer to use a natural alternative, which can be made at home from household ingredients.
Natural Brass Cleaner for uncoated Brass:
- Mix together 1/2 cup white vinegar with 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon of salt
- Dip a soft cloth into the mixture and use it to polish the brass, cover the entire surface, targeting areas that are marked, spend a few minutes doing this.
- Once the object has been covered entirely, you can let sit undisturbed for up to an hour.
- Thoroughly rinse the solution from the brass with warm water.
- Dry the brass thoroughly with a soft polishing cloth until completely dry, water marks can stain the brass.